- Healthcare; Healthcare Staffing
- Industrial Metals; Industrial Equipment
- Investment Management
- Management Consulting and Outsourcing Services
- Petroleum Refining
Philip D. Rosenblum, CFA, MBA
The President of PDR Valuation Advisors, Inc., Philip D. Rosenblum, CFA, MBA has 31 years of experience in business valuation and financial advisory services, during which time he has provided authoritative opinions for family-owned and other closely held firms, fiduciaries of estates and trusts, municipalities, individual investors, private equity, commercial lenders and boards of directors of private and publicly traded companies. Phil’s experience encompasses a diverse range of industry sectors and his areas of expertise include appraisals of controlling and noncontrolling interests in closely held businesses for estate, gift and income tax planning and reporting compliance and for investment decisions; valuations of restricted stock and other illiquid securities; transaction-related valuations such as solvency and capital adequacy opinions and fairness opinions; stock option valuations; intangible asset valuations; and litigation support, including expert testimony. He has performed extensive valuation assignments and provided related testimony in Tax Court of New Jersey in connection with ad valorem taxation disputes.
Phil has also provided advisory services to distressed companies involved in financial restructurings and reorganizations and to buyers and sellers of closely held businesses. During his career, he has worked closely with management from such industries as healthcare, restaurant, staffing and outsourcing services, telecommunications, and industrial metals, and he has consulted with leading investor groups, lenders, law firms and accounting firms in providing business valuation and related advisory services.
Prior to starting PDR Valuation Advisors, Inc. in 1992, Phil was a senior business valuator with Valuation Research Corporation of Princeton, New Jersey, a national appraisal firm.
Phil earned his Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation and membership in the CFA Institute in 1990. In addition, he holds a master’s degree in business administration from The University of Michigan (1986) and graduated with a bachelor’s degree in business administration and cum laude distinction from Temple University (1981). He also received an award from Temple University upon graduation for achieving highest class honors in his field of study, Statistics. Phil is a member of the CFA Society of Philadelphia and the Bucks County Estate Planning Council and he has conducted presentations for business owners and their advisors regarding pertinent business valuation issues.
- Valuations of controlling and noncontrolling interests in family-owned and other closely held businesses for estate and gift tax planning purposes and for income tax reporting requirements (individual and corporate).
- Valuations of noncontrolling interests in both corporate and pass-through entities related to employee equity-based compensation for financial reporting compliance, income tax compliance, and internal management planning.
- Provided extensive valuation analysis and related expert testimony in Tax Court of New Jersey in connection with ad valorem taxation litigation between major petroleum refiners and local townships for multiple tax years.
- Valuations and accompanying solvency and capital adequacy opinions and fairness opinions in over 100 transactions involving mergers, acquisitions and recapitalizations of privately held and publicly traded companies, covering a diverse group of industry sectors.
- Multiple valuations of businesses in the healthcare industry, including managed care, home health services, nurse and physician staffing and healthcare information services.
- Quarterly valuations related to charitable donations of illiquid common stock made by senior executives of one of the world’s leading management consulting, technology services and outsourcing organizations.
- Valuations of alternative investment management firms (hedge funds, managed futures firms, and fund-of-funds) for gift and estate tax reporting and for business transactions.